The Deployment Diary

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Five Years Ago Today....

We lived in Alaska at the time. Several months prior, we'd moved into post housing (the ONLY time we've ever lived on base and only time we ever will lol) after finding out I was pregnant with our second child. I had a job I LOVED and I was able to work from home. The company was out of Pittsburg, PA. Due to the time difference, I'd get up at 5 in the morning, get online and get to work.

Five years ago today, my day started like any other. I kissed husband good-bye, sat down at my desk and got to work at about 10 after five. I still had two hours before daughter would wake up and my main job would start ;). Our baby was due three weeks from then, but I'd be going in the next week for a scheduled c-section. MIL was flying up that coming weekend, so she could stay with our daughter while we were at the hospital. So, this week was going to be busy. I had to write several articles so my deadlines could be met while I recouped from the surgery and I had to get my house spotless before baby and MIL arrived.

Not long after getting settled into work, I noticed my belly was hurting off and on. My best friend called me that morning around 9 and for three hours, we stayed on the phone timing contractions. At first they were 15 minutes apart, then 10, then 8. By the time husband arrived home for lunch, they were five minutes apart. He called up to OB/GYN and they said to come on in.

Long story short, I was in labor. The doc was great. She said I could either stay and she'd go ahead and do the c-section at 6 pm that evening or I could go home and probably be back at the hospital around 2 in the morning when the contractions got so bad I couldn't stand it any longer lol. We decided to stay lol. There was no way I was going to deliver on my own - three days of labor with daughter confirmed that. I saw no need to go through hours and hours of labor when I didn't have to.

At 6:24 pm, October 18, 2000, we welcomed our little guy into the world. Our family has been so blessed by his arrival. He has the kindest heart of anyone I know. He's been blessed with the gift of humor and not only loves to laugh, he loves to make all of us laugh. He is such a loving person and I am a better person for having been lucky enough for God to choose me to be his Mother.

Happy Birthday little guy. We love you so very much!!

Return To Top

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home