The Deployment Diary

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Daily Reads

It's been a while since I updated the links in "My Favorites" on the right side. Since husband is watching Penn State play, I thought it was the perfect time to do some updating around here ;). Instead of just linking on the right, I'm going to list the new additions here and explain what I like about each.

This isn't a new addition, but always worth mentioning. Each weekday morning when I get online, after I check my email, my first stop without fail is Neal Boortz's Nealz Nuze. It's my absolute favorite site. Not only is his commentary worth-while reading, but his "Reading Assignments" are always full of interesting news articles and editorials. Definitely a good place to start each morning to see what is happening in our country and around the world.

After I read Boortz, my next stop is my new favorite blog Grouchy Old Cripple in Atlanta. His take on current events is straight forward and he calls it like he sees it. Not only are his blog entries great, but I enjoy reading the comments on each post too. If a troll dares to put in his/her two cents, the readers of GOC's blog generally take care of it. GOC himself also lets the trolls know of their stupidity in no uncertain terms.

Now, each Saturday he does an entry called "Saturday Boobage." I guess it's a guy thing and since I'm not a guy, it doesn't interest me in the least. Other than that though, I find the rest of GOC's blog entertaining and great reading.

I've ran across several blogs in the past few weeks that I've found to be consistently good reading. Regular updates, great links, good commentary etc. So, I'm adding them to my favorites and listing them here with a small description from their blog.

Reaganites Unite
A place on the web holding to the ideals of the most effective conservative of our lives, with news, commentary, satire, and links to the greater blogosphere.

Noble Eagle
Views on life, culture, politics, national security and such.

Radio Blogger
What is the radio blogger, you ask? On the air, I'm known as Generalissimo Duane, the producer of the nationally syndicated Hugh Hewitt Show, which is heard in more than seventy markets on the Salem Radio Network. This site is going to be a little different than Mr. Hewitt's, however. There are a lot of times when things happen during the course of a radio show that don't get aired. Blogging allows me to let all of you take a look behind the curtain and read a little about what goes on behind the scenes. There will be some snide and sarcastic commentary when appropriate, a little jousting from some of our blogger friends...

The Counterterrorism Blog
The first multi-expert blog dedicated solely to counterterrorism issues, serving as a gateway to the community for policymakers and serious researchers. Designed to provide realtime information about terrorism cases and policy developments.

I have several more, but I've ran out of time. I'll try to get them added tonight or tomorrow though. Hope you enjoy these...

Return To Top

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home