The Deployment Diary

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

You know your husband works long hours when...

So I met my across the street neighbor this past Saturday. I had bent the blade on the lawnmower (hit a stump)so I had taken it off and used a sledge hammer to straighten it (I know, but it beat the heck out of a trip to the hardware store lol - plan to do that tomorrow). She stopped during the fiasco to say Hi. They moved in during the winter, so we hadn't had a chance to meet one another yet.

We're talking and she says, "So your husband is in the Army?" I said yes, he'd been in for a while. She says, "He sure is gone a lot. Does he only comes home on the weekends?"

I about fell over laughing. I told her no, he was home every night except right now while he is in the field, but it's usually 9 or 10 pm when he gets in - then he's gone again at the crack of dawn.

She had no clue that my husband came home every night LMBO. I had no clue that it appeared that the babies and I lived here all alone - except for weekends lol.

At any rate, the next week will be busy, so I won't be online. School let out for the summer today and we have plans through next Wednesday with husband having a four day weekend this weekend. Hope everyone has a good Memorial Day and I'll be back next Wednesday or Thursday...

Return To Top

5 Comments:

  • so then HAVE LOTS OF FUN!! (and don't forget to take some time for you and the DH!)

    By Blogger Some Soldier's Mom, at 5/25/2005 5:47 PM  

  • Have Hun Shannon! Enjoy the time with your husband and children. I received your awesome email and plan on responding this weekend. It's just been a crazy time. Take care, Shelly

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/26/2005 7:26 AM  

  • How Would You Like To Know How YOU Can Live In A Beautiful NEW House That Is Custom-Designed To YOUR Specifications.........And At NO COST To You?

    You CAN Do It. And It's Not Hard To Do.... IF You Know HOW.

    Don't Let This Pass You By Without At Least Taking A Look.

    The Only Catch Is That You HAVE To Have An Income ABOVE $21,000...... And......You HAVE To Follow The Easy Instructions Provided To You.

    Get-A-Free-House.com

    By Blogger Get-A-Free-House, at 10/04/2005 6:12 PM  

  • I am hoping you will share your story.
    kindness coin

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/04/2005 7:01 PM  

  • Hey, I have enjoyed...your blog is informative - even entertaining.

    I have a halloween sites. They pretty much covers costumes and masks related stuff.

    Thanks again and I'll be sure to bookmark you.

    By Blogger kalisekj, at 10/04/2005 9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home