The Deployment Diary

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Is it Friday yet????

What a long damn week. Sheesh!

Tuesday, we had a FRG meeting. My friend and I had a good time LMAO, I'm not quite sure how the rest of the ladies and gents felt. Mr. Commander - he's fired for introducing me by who I am married to (strike one). He was holding the meeting, waiting for husband (strike two lol) and looked shocked when I said, "oh, he's not coming, lets get on with this." After the meeting husband arrived and confirmed that I was THE MAN and told him to stay away LMAO. Actually, I just wanted people to meet ME - not, "oh she's so and so's wife" kind of thing. Rank has no part of the FRG. Thanks to Mr. Commander that was not possible, however next month he will be fully briefed before uttering a word lol.

We celebrated our anniversary this week. Actually celebrating consisted of softball practice, a quick trip to burger king-dom for supper and then standing outside and talking to a WWII Vet who happened to drive by when husband was getting out of the car in uniform. Super nice couple though...and he'd met my all time HERO (besides my husband and father), PATTON!!! Just talking to someone who had met Patton was so great...

This weekend husband says he's buying me a diamond for our anniversary. I told him to save it and buy me a MUSTANG LMAO. No child car-seat allowed lol. Anyhow, we plan to hopefully do something this weekend, but I don't think I'll see him tonight or tomorrow due to work - and Saturday he will probably snore in the chair until some moron gets picked up by the MPs and he has to go get them. Maybe year after next when he gets back from Iraq AGAIN, we can actaully go OUT on our anniversary just the two of us. Yeah, right.

Tomorrow I make the treck to post to get groceries. I just LOVE that long drive - especially when daughter is along for the ride (which she will be) to roll her eyes and say, "Daddy lets me listen to country music..." Gosh I can feel her rolling her eyes so hard it shakes the truck. UGHHH. My response to her hatred of all good rock and roll is, "when you get a job and actually PAY for a vehicle you have the luxury of riding in, then you can pick the music. Until then, sit down, shut up and enjoy the ride..." Ok, not that mean, but gosh that is what I want to say other than rolling MY eyes at her rolling HER eyes lolol. Thank GOD we did not have two daughters. ONE is enough to keep from an estrogen overload around here lol. My son? Just like his Momma - loves some great rock and roll lol. Husband has corrupted the girl, she may be lost forever...

Ok, that's it. Got laundry waiting and a dog staring me down which means she has to go out. Just another day of glamourous life around here lol....

Return To Top

3 Comments:

  • Happy anniversary to one of the sweetest couples I know :)

    By Blogger Homefront Six, at 5/06/2005 1:02 AM  

  • Lol...I am laughing about your daughter...I hope I never have a daughter like myself. I want to be the only one getting MY way ALL the time.
    Anyways, happy anniversary!

    By Blogger CaliValleyGirl, at 5/09/2005 12:24 PM  

  • I found your blog by linking from someone's elses. forget who at this point! lol been linking for a bit. anyway, I like your blog and I hope your hubby doesn't have to go back. that is so hard. and, what is with the eye rolling? my daughter does the same thing and it irritates the heck out of me! lol take care.

    By Blogger Umhakima, at 5/15/2005 10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home