The Deployment Diary

Friday, March 04, 2005

More McCain Feingold Idiocy....

So you have a blog and on your blog, you like to talk politics. Well, if these new rules are put in place, you could be fined for linking to any campaign sites.

Now let me see if I understand this correctly. We DO live in the US of A, right? What in the heck is going on here?

Last year, I linked to the Kerry campaign site - and trust me when I say I didn't link out of support! I was pretty disgusted by Kerry's use of the "F" word continuously on his site. It wasn't visitors posting responses and using the "F" bomb - it was articles written by reporters ABOUT Kerry - quoting KERRY directly as he dropped the "F" bomb in every other paragraph.

So under these new "rules," I couldn't link to Kerry's site and if I DARED to link to it I'd be fined. What in the world is happening to our freedom in this country?!!

I found this story on Boortz's site this morning. You can read his take here:
GOVERNMENT CENSORS AFTER THE INTERNET

Return To Top

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home