The Deployment Diary

Monday, July 19, 2004

Day 309 - Welcome to Baghdad

Lucky me.  It's 100+ out today and tomorrow.  I have all the windows out of that room lol and if I ever wanted to know what Baghdad felt like, well I think I have a good damn idea about now.  Upstairs is always hotter than downstairs, plus no air and the windows open while painting....
 
Whew.
 
I am proud to report that I have two coats of paint on the walls in the room - I have a small section for a second coat on one wall, but the rest is pretty much done.  Tonight, I'll do the alcove.  I've decided to pull an all-nighter.  It's the only way I'm going to finish before Friday and the fact I can't sleep anyway, well, why channel surf on my duff while I can be painting lol?
 
The color is a deep plum.  It's so dark - but I think it's beautiful.  Now, whether my husband will like it or not - that is the question lol.  Figure if he hates it, he can repaint it while he's on leave LMAO!
 
I hope to be done with the walls by 11 tonight.  The walls in the alcove are much smaller than the walls in the bedroom portion so I am hopeful it will go faster.  I'll take some photos, send everyone an email with the progress while I take a break until midnight and then start on the trim.  Hopefully from midnight until 6, I can get all the trim done and only have the windows to sand and paint tomorrow.  I've decided not to prime them so they won't stick too bad (hopefully).
 
So, by tomorrow evening, I'm praying to be almost done.  I'll get groceries Wed. morning - then spend Wed. afternoon and Thursday cleaning the room, ripping the carpet out of the closet (yeah, I don't know what I was thinking when I didn't get that) and waxing the floor. 
 
Anyhow, it's time for baths and to get back to work.  Hope everyone had a great Monday!!
 

Return To Top

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home