The Deployment Diary

Monday, July 12, 2004

Day 302 - More Work...

Well, yesterday I finished getting all the wallpaper off the walls. By the time I finished, it was 4:30 and time to get cleaned up and fix dinner. After dinner I gave baths and put them to bed. I didn't expect husband to call since he didn't email the night before. Figured someone had been hurt or worse...

At 7 though, the phone rang. Seems the idea of getting up at 4 in the morning is getting popular. There were quite a few folks on the phones. The guy next to him was so loud lol. I felt like I was talking to him for a minute because I could hear him laughing and every word he was saying. Then, the husband said hang on, ripped the guy a new one for being too loud - then we had a decent conversation lol. Ah to be my husband just for a DAY! I'd love to be able to look at someone mean and have them shake in their shoes lol. I can't wait until he's home and we can go to Wal-Mart together lol. For me, I'm constantly saying excuse me, pardon me, sorry, excuse me. With dh, I just get behind him - and the crowd parts LMBO. People see him coming and MOVE. Imagine the concept lol!

The weekend before he left we'd gone to Lowes. Gosh I remember it like it was yesterday. The babies were riding in the cart with him pushing and I was walking behind them wiping tears. At one point, I had both my arms wrapped around his left arm and my head on his upper arm - trying to remember exactly what it felt like mentally and physically. That feeling of being safe and secure and loved and needed - his gorgeous arm - he's got the greatest arms and chest....sigh

I've not thought about that day in months. In the beginning I'd think about the day walking through Lowes several times a day - and burst into tears once little eyes and ears were not within ear shot. We'd gone to Applebee's for lunch after. We sat in the little waiting area and I had to keep my tissue out and continuously wipe tears. They just kept coming and I couldn't make them stop. The harder I tried, the more tears would come. I'm sure people were wondering what that mean guy did to make that little woman cry...looks can be so deceiving. I'm sure they would have been shocked to find out the woman was crying because, for the life of her, she didn't know how she was going to live an entire year without holding the person she loves most in the world. Gosh that day, I truly had no idea what I was doing - or how I'd ever make it through a year. As we were getting our table, we saw our electrician leaving. He'd heard through the grapevine he was going to Iraq. In our small town, word travels fast. He took one look at me, eyes all puffy - wiping tears - and the look of pity on his face crushed me. I've never had anyone PITY me. Ughh. Oh well, long time ago.

Today it's repair the cracks in the walls day. Then it's mow the grass after that...

I'm officially SICK of this house lol. Hope everyone has a good week.

Return To Top

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home