The Deployment Diary

Saturday, May 08, 2004

Day 242 - A Busy Week

It's been a busy week.

First off, the folks I just finished the job for still haven't paid me the other half of my money. So, I decided I wouldn't be adding the poll to their other site and I would not be agreeing to do any more work for them. They needed a page put together for a want ad they were running. I did do that - and now that I think about it, I have no clue WHY I did. After all, they haven't paid me for the work we agreed on and THAT page was not part of the deal.

They've emailed no less than 20 times this week. I've answered most of their questions. Questions, I'll add, that I've answered repeatedly prior to this. I'm pretty darn mad over not being paid. As usual with work for them, the project we agreed on had other aspects added as we went along with no added dollars to the pay. Not that it matters, they didn't even pay me what we agreed on lol. So, I've lost a lot of money on this one and I'm really so mad I'm seriously weighing my options on what I can do to get my money. If I were a spiteful person, I'd remove my work from their server until I was paid, but I'm not. If they can live with themselves cheating me out of a big chunk of change, I can live with it. We all end up paying the price for our short comings eventually. The ol' what comes around goes around thing.

I worked in the dining room a lot this week. I've got most of the old woodwork in there stained. The problem I have is the sun coming through the front picture window. It puts such a glare from the sidewalk, you can't see the wood clearly enough on the window to stain it. I had planned to get in there last night and work on it and ended up sitting on the computer all night. Sooo productive lol ;).

Today - I need to cut grass. We seem to have gone straight from winter to summer here. It's been in the 90s all week and cutting grass in that heat is NOT my idea of a good time ;). Maybe we'll wait until after supper when it's cooled off. I need to run up to the local hardware store and get some grass/weed killer for the back patio. It looks like I have small bushes growing up through it this year lol.

So, I'm off to get busy. I have way too much to do to sit here any longer unfortunately. It sure would be a great day to sit by the pond with a fruity something or another drink and get a tan though lol!

Return To Top

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home