The Deployment Diary

Sunday, May 02, 2004

Day 236 - So Much For a News Break

MIL called today asking if I'd seen the news. I hadn't of course. Other than following the Fallujah thing online and trying to figure out what in the world it is we are doing, I've been glued to HGTV. Once she told me what she'd read - I, of course, had to go read. It wasn't long after that a friend forwarded an email from another FRG. The news isn't good.

So, now I wait. I'm just plain emotionally exhausted. I'm so tired of living in this kind of fear not knowing if he's ok. The good news is Rear D hasn't called to tell me he is hurt and no one has come to our door. By tomorrow this time, I'll feel a bit more secure and will put the fear aside to wait to hear from him once communication is back up. This year cannot end soon enough. If you have a moment, please say a prayer for all our service members in Iraq.

Today I did nothing in the dining room or the yard. I watched my babies play. I sat and stared at the TV. Tonight I cried off and on. I'm just exhausted and have no reason to be...

Hope everyone has a good week.

Return To Top

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home