The Deployment Diary

Monday, April 26, 2004

Day 230 - It's Always Something

My friend I met through the FRG came out yesterday to see our town and our house. I told my husband I wanted to get her out here so she'd fall in love with the town, sell her house outside the installation and move out here lol! It's such a neat town with lots of old homes and has the feeling of going back in time when life was slower and neighbors cared about each other. It's just a great town to raise a family in! She really loved the town and our house. She said the house is NOT as bad as I make it out to be lol, but agreed the pepto pink bathroom upstairs was a bit much ha!

We went to a thing going on in the community and had a great time! She's so much fun to be around and her children are absolutely precious little people! She lives a good thirty minutes from us, but I'm hopeful this summer we'll both have more time to do things together to make the time go by faster until our husbands return. We get along so well and so do our children. We all had a great time! It's just nice to have a friend who values her marriage like I value mine, and isn't interested in hitting bars or anything of that nature.

The bad thing? I had something called Kettle Corn. I'd never had it before and it is popcorn that has a sweet, salty taste. It was ok, but I'm not a huge popcorn fan. It wasn't worth what I'm afraid is the culprit of my current situation lol.

I guess somehow it did a number on a tooth on the bottom in the back left side. Last night I was telling Mother about our great day when it started hurting. The gum back there is all swollen and when I woke up this morning, it's swollen and hurting under my jaw bone under that tooth. Bending over to pick something up today, sent pain all the way into my eye and ear. Ughh. I hate going to the dentist - but my face is warmer in that area and I'm worried there's some sort of infection going on. I would have called the dentist today, but our daughter woke up this morning with a sore throat and stayed home from school :(.

I was hoping by this morning it would feel better - but it's worse so I guess I don't have a choice but to go. Touching my jaw bone, it's swollen and hurts worse when I touch it. I just keep thinking, "THAT can't be good." I now have a constant dull headache on that side. I don't have anyone to keep my littlest one, so I'm hoping they will still see me even if I bring him with me :(.

It's always something, I tell you. Hopefully I'll be able to get in tomorrow and it won't be anything but a cavity or something. I have a feeling the words root canal will come up though. Yeah me!! Needless to say, the plan to work on the dining room six hours per day this week has already been shot to hell. Oh well, it will get done when I get it done ;).

Hope everyone has a great week. I may not be around too much until I get this throbbing jaw taken care of :(.

Return To Top

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home