The Deployment Diary

Wednesday, March 31, 2004

A very sad day...

I'm waking up to this news this morning Bomb Kills Five U.S. Troops in Iraq.

I normally wouldn't write an entry before even finishing my first cup of coffee, but the next few days will probably be long and frightening days.

Images of Somolia come to mind. My religion says to hand this over to God and pray for the victims, their families and our enemies. My human side says it's time to level the place and let God start over...

Pray for these wonderful Americans that have been lost. Maybe it's the article, maybe it's the lack of coffee, but I cannot tell if the victims were soldiers or civilians. Regardless I cannot believe anyone could treat other humans so brutally.

A prayer for my soul might be helpful at the moment too.... . My feelings at this moment are not very Christian nor are they very American.

How many days of living this do we have left? May God save my soul, because I have such anger, disgust and - well, I'm ashamed to admit it but hatred for those who could do such a thing.

My prayers today are with the victims and their families....


Return To Top

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home